Confession: I am addicted to Tacos! Who isn’t right? You will likely find my favorite taco recipes here. Let’s start with my new and improved Easy Instant Pot Carnitas recipe. Your next Taco Tuesday is about to get even better!
3-4 lbs pork shoulder roast boneless, fat trimmed
1 small yellow onion, chopped (I use onion powder because I’m picky)
2-3 garlic cloves, peeled (can also substitute with garlic powder)
1 cup of broth
1 cup orange juice
Juice of 3 limes
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp salt, or more to taste
1/2 tsp pepper
You can also spice it up with your preferred seasoning- fiesta lime, chipotle, garlic & herb, etc. Use enough to coat both sides of meat.
1. Cut boneless pork shoulder into 2 inch cubes
2. Add cubed meat and all dry seasonings into large bowl to coat
3. Place seasoned meat in Instant Pot
4. Use the “Saute” feature for 5 minutes to brown meat
5. Add OJ, juice of 2.5 limes, and broth
6. Set Instant Pot to Manual for 35 minutes, Then let pressure Naturally release pressure (just leave sealed) for about 15 minutes
7. Remove meat from Instant Pot, shred onto baking sheet, squeeze a little more lime juice, and broil in the oven for 5 minutes
Dinner is served
Serve with corn or flour tortillas and your favorite taco toppings and you are ready to eat! Quick, easy, low maintenance, and delicious! I am so glad we invested in our Instant Pot. If you don’t have one yet you should definitely consider getting one. We have the basic 6qt model but there are a couple others to chose from.
For more Instant Pot recipes follow my Instant Pot Board on Pinterest.
Look out, Taco Tuesday! Here we come!
Taco Tuesday is also one of my favorite Thirty-One Party Themes! Grab your friends for some tacos, margaritas, and shopping! For more info on how to have your own party Click Here.
Disclosure: This site receives compensation from the companies whose products we review. The opinions expressed here are our own.